Your dreamworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your dreamworld

A private forum with friends and allied from all across the world, assembled at one destination with one common purpose: To have a good time

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation Thread

Go down 
+5
Becko
Soridormi
Nozdormu
Burning Thought
Justice
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Soridormi
Explorer
Soridormi

Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 am

Well don't consider it too much of an apology, for I think you owe me one as well. I was quite offended by what you said, and once more, i planned on developing my characters - one in particular - to quite great power, that at least equal of yours. It's simply no fun at all without character development in my opinion. in any case, I won't go on much more about it, it's a matter of personal preference. Smile

And Becko, thanks....I love you too! I ...I mean....why thanks Wink ( lol )

and you should take pride in her! I love the firefly Wink

and, again, i did make a comment to Nozdormu, so I hope no one thinks I'm just targeting :p I just thought this RP would be more of a chance to develop character.
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:17 am

I dont see how I have offended anyone, but "shrug, drops it"

anyway if the RP is created by the players then this is how it shal be, a growth RP
Back to top Go down
Nozdormu
Explorer
Nozdormu

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:18 am

I love how the firefly is named "Inferno" Laughing

And fyi, all. She did comment my dragon and I'm taking in everything you all say with an open heart. I am just trying to clear the point that despite his natural strength as a dragon, he wont be a threat to anyone. He wouldnt harm a fly (Intentionally) Wink
Back to top Go down
Soridormi
Explorer
Soridormi

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:21 am

Nozdormu wrote:
I love how the firefly is named "Inferno" Laughing

And fyi, all. She did comment my dragon and I'm taking in everything you all say with an open heart. I am just trying to clear the point that despite his natural strength as a dragon, he wont be a threat to anyone. He wouldnt harm a fly (Intentionally) Wink

Agreed. Very Happy too cute xD

Burning Thought wrote:
I dont see how I have offended anyone, but "shrug, drops it"

anyway if the RP is created by the players then this is how it shal be, a growth RP

"imo i think your two characters are just extremely weak"
Back to top Go down
Becko
Explorer
Becko

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:25 am

I like the little touch I made about having a firefly for mount Razz
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 am

i meant weak in power, which currently in comparison to all the others they are
Back to top Go down
Becko
Explorer
Becko

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:34 am

My pixie is weaker! Now drop all of this and just try to get settled with having a good time Smile

Last edited by Becko on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:35 am

indeed, queer squabling will get no one, anywhere

so ill just w8 until the RP is open
Back to top Go down
Becko
Explorer
Becko

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 am

Weak is a definition matter. If she was offended by you calling her characters extremely weak, you should apologize. It does not take much.
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:41 am

sry sorid
Back to top Go down
Soridormi
Explorer
Soridormi

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:41 am

Becko wrote:
My pixie is weaker! Now drop all of this and just try to get settled with having a good time Smile

Your Pixie is wicked Wink
Back to top Go down
Becko
Explorer
Becko

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 am

Pixies has always been one of my interests Smile Ever since first time I saw Peter Pan, I have just been in love with them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 pm

I have on the top of the rule thread added a powerlevel guideline. Please read this when you create future characters.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamworld.forum-nation.com
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 pm

looking at the rules my original character breaks only the summonig rule and the artifacts rule, so if i simply dont allow him to have his staff (so he cannot summon anything big)and have a fresh non powered hourglass he is not unbalanced beyond the rules
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Do keep in mind that the strength of a summon, be it number or raw power will drain energy from your own character. The more summonings he at that point control, or the more powerful they are, the lesser effectivity will he have in all other areas. You should also pay note to the endurance point, where undead characters have lesser physical endurance but greater biological and mental endurance. Undeads also have a lower level of pain-"factor" than other races.
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Name: Stelia Tyrismug
Species: Undead (Formerly human)
Nation: Exiled (Formerly barbarians)
Class/Profession/Title: Spiritualist
Powers/Abilities/Talents: Stelia's powers are based on spirit magic. Those that serve the spiritual world knows that there is a spirit in all things, even the planet and nature itself. With this knowledge does these people master their arts. Stelia is still a very limited spiritualist, but as time moves on, she learns, with hope to one day reach the most powerful level of a spiritualist and with that level of power- achieve her dreams.
Equipment/Tools: She wears the armor of her fallen brother, as well as a shard stored with his soul around her neck.
Companions/Pets/Mounts: She treats the soul shard around her neck as if it was a companion.
Appearance/Physical Features:
Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Stelia_the_Warlock_by_Aurvandil
Personality: Stelia is obsessed with the spirit world. She is religious to the core and she believes that what the spirit can not do, is not doable. You will see her pray the spirit all the time and you will perhaps even see her usage of magic as bizarre.
Story: Stelia has grown up with a religious family, but not the same religion that she herself has started believing in. They worshipped the light, while she worshipped the spirits. She was a heathen they said, a disgrace to the human race they said. Her brother on the other hand, he supported her belief but was not a believer himself.

Unfortunatly, it did not take long until they were banished from the Imperial nation, as they made their way to the barbarians. She was accepted with her belief and her brother was taught the way of the warrior, the way of combat trough voodoo. He was a battleing voodoo warrior and rapidly increased in power. Stelia on the other hand, she took a slowboat to success. Shlowly did she advance in strength, both at body and soul.
Then the day came, when her brother was going into war. He gave her a shard that he had forged and he told her that the shard was his very soul. It was trough voodoo magic that he had stored his soul in the shard, rather than his body. He then went into war and like many other warriors, he never returned. Death got the best of even him. Griefing, Stelia caressed the shard she had been given and it is now her most valuable item.

The loss of her brother consumed her and she started with rituals no spiritualist had dared to pull trough. This with right, for after not many days after attempts to bring her brother back to life, did she take the same path as him. Unfortunatly instead of being fallen, she had discovered eternal life. Not the kind where you are immortal, but the kind where you can not die of age. Her ritual had put fright into the barbarians and once again was she banished. This time she truelly did not belong, for she had died and returned. According to the barbarian shaman belief, the dead shall walk on as spirits. While both Stelia's spirit and body kept walking after the ritual had killed her, she was no longer welcomed among the barbarians.

Others: She is not evil, but she is obsessed with her spiritual path.
Back to top Go down
Drĉus Maximov
Explorer
Drĉus Maximov

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 pm

Name: Drĉus Maximov, III
Species: Human
Nation: The Imperials
Class/Profession/Title: Bounty Hunter for the King [formerly Knight] (is this okay? please tell me if not and i will gladly change it)
Powers/Abilities/Talents: Drĉus is most notable for his speed and close range combat, though it should be noted that he is horrible at long range combat and has a tendency to trip on occasion due to his speed.
Equipment/Tools: Drĉus carries only a standard set of twin blades and a small knife.
Companions/Pets/Mounts: Of course, I shall update this part once dear Kitsune has joined us all here, but for the moment, let it be known that he has a wolf as a pet, its name "Kumori."
Appearance/Physical Features: Drĉus:
Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Prince_Of_Persia_by_TheBlackDoll
Kumori:
Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Wolf_Link_by_sythiar
Personality: Drĉus is quite the cheerful fellow a lot of the time. He prefers to keep to himself when at all possible, save for his nearest and dearest friend (will insert Kit's character name here once she's joined) and his pet wolf, Kumori. He tends to be rather serious when he is on a "mission."
Story: Drĉus was born in the Imperial nation to his loving parents, Scion, a blacksmith, and Vyralia, a seamstress. He joined the king's army for a while as a knight, though eventually found that he much preferred a combat zone with less companions to fight alongside. He became a bounty hunter in service to the king, tracking lesser criminals that the Imperial Army could not be bothered with in order to bring them to justice. He is joined in his hunts by girlfriend, (insert Kitsune's character name here) and his pet wolf, Kumori, which he raised from a pup.
Others: There's not really anything else for now, though I would like to eventually let him develop to the point he no longer trips at all eventually and so that perhaps his close range combat suffers a little in order to work on his long range with perhaps throwing daggers or a bow or something...

Let judgement be passed, and if anything (besides what I've noted for myself) needs changed, please let me know so that I may make Drĉus more interesting to interact with for everyone involved in this role-playing experience.
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:12 pm

Lovely character! Very welcome in our ranks Smile

Now if you do not mind me asking, how does this bounty hunt work? Does the king give you names and pay you in advance, or do you hunt wanted and return their heads for reward? Very Happy Just a question of curiosity Smile
Back to top Go down
Drĉus Maximov
Explorer
Drĉus Maximov

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:55 pm

thank you, i forgot that...

either way would be workable, though i would think it more plausible to rely more upon the latter method, in which i hunt the heads of those who are wanted and return them (alive or dead) for the bounty placed upon their head by the king.
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:33 pm

pwince of persia ftw!!
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:44 pm

Drĉus Maximov wrote:
thank you, i forgot that...

either way would be workable, though i would think it more plausible to rely more upon the latter method, in which i hunt the heads of those who are wanted and return them (alive or dead) for the bounty placed upon their head by the king.

Lovely. Feel free to use the king in your posts, but that only to a lesser extent. That is, assignments, rewards, dialogues and such and things revolving your character Smile
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Name: Val'zavious

Species: was a part Human and part of unkown origin, now something more of a undead/shade, neither skeleton or zombie but something else

Nation: Excile

Class/Profession/Title: Used to be a master mentalist but is now a mentally insane physical user who can barely keep his own mind together, let alone use others

Powers/Abilities/Talents:

By default Zarious is a bit stronger and faster than the average human, he has large musculour features which are further complimented by his undead nature, his ability not needing to breathe being more or less dead is a boon, along with his near infnite stamina, of running so he almost never needs to stop a rest when running, his body makes very little acids and he does not fatigue.

Rage madness

Zavious often goes into maddening ravings, this although unintentional of him can be both a boon and a weakness, a weakness because of the obvious fact he is not thinking clearly and may end up badly damaged, he could end up in trouble with not only outsiders but of his own race, he is often looked down upon or pitied when suddenly he may attack and rip them to pieces before he can make any near to logical decision. howver the bonuses are that in this madness, he moves without care and swings his huge sword with unholy speed, stamina and strength beyond his usual slightly enhanced features, his madness means he will not stop until his foe is destroyed or he is incapaciated, or if the foe manages to last long enough before he comes to his still broken mind. This effect is random, although it can sometimes happen if someone attacks him, although an attack in his mind could be anything, even a child playfully hitting him could end up being a blood bath, and if things are stolen from him.

Unholy regeneration

Can heal wounds on his body, if he is cut from a limb it would take him a long time to bring it back together again if he is capable, however his regeration means that he is indeed capable of restoring slices and wounds in his flesh within several minutes, and perhaps more serious wounds like impalement within hours, ofcourse if he is completly mutilated he is without hope in that matter, however he tries to avoid such a fate.

mind pulse

often connected to his rage, the angrier he gets the dormant powers within his mind start to rise as does his madness, fortunatley he has zero control but in his strongest emotional status he has been known to shatter bones of children or break wood and trees and even metal as his rage increases, some who wander into villages of those Zavious has slaughtered may sometimes find some buildings and huts in ruins, although Zavious unkown to them rarely touches the buildings only the people, his mind pulses often break objects around him and in his longest screams and angers his mind has quaked the area around and can be felt by many through several miles.

Equipment/Tools:

Wears plates of diffrent types of armour, unkown and known metals he has scrapped together to place on himself, some jewlry and sometimes wears a random helmet over the top of his head and face plate.

one thing that is always constant are a medallion around his neck as well as a small stone inserted in his forehead, both of unkown usage, as well as a large sword of unique design, being especially long, heavily weighted in comparison to an average sword and holds various features such as serrated edges for sawring as well as jutting out sharp joints that are used for breaking bones on entry or from departure and causing most pain.

Companions/Pets/Mounts: none

Appearance/Physical Features:

(hand drawn image coming in a few weeks)

Val'Zavious is very tall, just over 6 feet, going on 7, he has incredibly pale skin that is often sweaty, including his face, he has many scares around his body, as well a tatoos, he likes to keep his lower toro bare as well as his thighs of armour pieces because his instinct tells him to do so, since his mind is not up to scratch, he has a small shining jewle on his forehead, it is not bright but has an ethereal green light swiling within it, as well as this, he wears a similiar stone around his neck on a silver chain, among his many jewlry pieces these do not stand out so much. Zavious is bald, has colourless eyes, completly white with dark edges round the outside that bleed when he gets enraged as does his mouth froth, his jawline is ridged and sharp, his teeth are filed to pointed edges and he always wears a metal plate that goes over the left side of his face, covering one eye and reaches around his cranium and down the side of his mouth, likely a protection for his mind and magically altered so that he did not die after his incredible mind break, whatever its story and he cannot remember it, he knows its significant and he wears it at all times, and it is near impossible to remove, it seems almost sealed to his head like a metal layer of skin. His arms are unaturally long and mudsculour and he wears thick metal gauntlets on his hands and armour on his arms. Perhaps one of his most unique aspects are the fact that although he shares many undead traits, he is incredibly clean, either through mystical means or otherwise, although blood will stain him sometimes, unlike skeletons and zombielike beings who may not look after their bodies, Zavious body seems clear and you can see how pale it is perfectly without it being covered in dirt or mud even though he has a very nomadic lifestyle.

Personality: totally insane, often talks to himself, inanimate objects, and has episodes of sadistic frenzy, or maybe even sometimes the personality of an intelligent force when memories of his times of being a master being of the mind come back to him and he can be somewhat civil however even in his most sensible episode he is a bit of a lunatic and often sits speaking and whispering to himself, as well as accuding various things, even inanimate things as conspiring against him and talking behind his back evne though they do not speak, and speaks in diffrent audial tones,. but even his

Story:

Zavious was a brillaint master of mind magic, a dark excile and one of the cruelest. He used to enter villages and then make their heads run with madness and illusion, terrifying them for weeks at a time, until only allowing them a sudden break afterwards, they would be in this torurous nightmare state and then suddenly released,only for Zavious to make their heads explode, these were back in the days that Zavious was not undead, he was something else, demi human and had another link that is unkown, even ot him when he had an incredible mind, he even overthrew the most brilliant of minds like wizards however eventually, while attacking a large castle and while keeping the Keep under nightmarish assault in their minds, his mind powers were deflected by powerful mage magics into his own mind, forcing him to insanity, he knew his mind would explode through the overload if he did not do something within the next weeks and so he fashioned himself a special cranium mount over the side of his skull.

Val'Zavious was from then on known as an eccentric madman, he left his great manor house as his mind slowly rotted away into almost nothing, only gaining a couple of memories of his old times and mostly emotions from those far back days, the slightest thing could now turn him into a maddened rage and soon his body degenerated into a deathlike state, not quite fully dead like a wraith, skeleton or zombie but something diffrent, he began not to need to breathe, soon finding out many functions of a living body were not required, without much of his mind activated it seems he was not capable of contrlling functions of the living. Soon he salvaged scraps, gaining pieces of armour for protection in his more sane periods, often his only companions were pieces of metal and junk in the scrapyards, he fed off corpses, after speaking to them most fondly, fed on living people in the brighter realms when he sneaks out, butchering men, women and children in sadistic maddened rages. Currently he is venturing further out of his own lands, encroaching on terrirtory of both other exciles and other races, he seems to have a sudden strong desire for finding something over the last few years, he does not know what it is but several items are drawring him to them, and few know what in peticulour these items are.
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 am

The Enchanted Forest is now open. I will be getting started with the next zone soon Smile For those of you who want to, you are free to start roleplaying, as long as you keep yourself within the Enchanted Forest (Until other zones are "open") Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning Thought
Habitant
Burning Thought

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 am

is double posting allowed?

i mean for example if i had to w8 for someone to post in "imperial" for example until i felt it was okie to post again it may be tiresome and no one may post in there for a long while so can i post two in a row?
Back to top Go down
Justice
Ruler
Justice

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:00 am

Double posting is allowed for as long as you are not, by doing so, skipping someone elses turn. Such as if you would be in interaction with someone else and then simply decide to do something else and in the middle of something simply "leave" this person in a double-post of yours.

If you have not caused a major effect to a city/nation/squad or player-controled specific, you do not have to wait long in order to make another post. Just make sure that by double-posting you are not restricting or depriving another person their freedom in roleplay Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Thread   Character Creation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next